R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 07:07 PM
robk
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rufus2010
I am probably treading on thin ice here, but here goes:

"As all the posts indicate"... "all" the posts ?? Interesting (and unsupportable) take on the above discussion.

I never advocated 60c and many others never advocated high C packs. I advocated being able to use the offroad packs I already have. Higher mah packs give you more practice time per pack, so they are convenient for me and others in offroad. Lots of us have them in my area and this is one of the reasons all the tracks in my state ignore this rule.

Who is saying that 6500 60c packs are "better" in VTA? In the pits at trackside, I consistently hear that mah and C rating aren't important in VTA. Maybe a newbie in the very beginning thinks this, but they are always advised that VTA is different and there is no need. Aren't you just speculating that many will go out and spend money on an "upgrade" even though people tell them that it doesn't exist? I think the average racer has more common sense than that and this is an unjustified fear.

I hope I am not crucified for this post. I am just trying to understand. I wasn't going to start this whole bruhaha up again, but I though that lately there was some flexibility on things, (like escs and spoilers and wasn't the requirement for Roar approval for LiPos just dropped?), and that this might be a successful time to bring it up. I guess it wasn't.
All the posts indicates that since taking the running of this thing over, I have had this request many times. You are not the first to bring this up.

It comes up every couple months...