R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT 1/8 Scale Rules and Set-Up Information
Old 04-16-2012, 12:10 PM
Troy Mckune
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default Apology I guess

Once again I guess I have posted something that has been misinterpreted by some. I am sorry for the confusion. My post was directed at JSpeed.

I fully supported the spec tire at the TZGP last year because it put everyone on an even playing field and kept costs down. The last thing we need is everyone having to run a new set of super softs every round of qualifying just to be competitive. This is lower cost spec class and having a spec tire helped to keep those costs down. During our club level races open tires were allowed.

As far as my post, I was saying to Jspeed that what Timezone does in the future is their business not his. Sweep has always treated RCSR and Timezone very well and they stepped up last year. I will support whatever is decided for this years Gran Prix.

As far as Jspeed, He contacted me through PM last year about the Sweep spec tire. He was polite and asked why his tires would not be allowed. He said he was planning on bringing a team but would not come if his tires were not be allowed. I told him he would need to talk to the event organizers. He asked how to get in touch and I gave him a phone number. Normally this would be pretty standard and the organizers would be very happy to have manufacturers call them about their event. But in typical Jspeed style he turned in to an over the top asshole and I got blamed for it. Obviously this was before I knew who he was.

Troy