R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RZ-50 Dry Film Lubricant
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 04:33 AM
noddy2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default RZ50 unique

Originally Posted by noddy2
good review brsilva ,ive been using a product thats available in Australia ,"CRC dryglide" which seems identical to RZ50.
never used it for bearings though ,might try now .But ,when it dry's and cure's (@24hrs) and then second coated ,its even better.

We use it for sliding doors ,and draws ,etc (in building industry)so you might find it(RZ50} in cupboard /door section .
Originally Posted by brsilva
You actually bring up a good question. PimeLine Do you know if there is a "Cure" time or is dry cured?
Originally Posted by PrimeLine
It's 1am on a Saturday, I'll find out first thing Monday morning for sure. When I've used it before it dried almost immediately.

I really think the answer's going to be a no on this.

From our site:

Rick
Ive done a bit of research,and it seems there are other noteable differences between the products mentioned
the "dry glide"available in Aus ,is highly inflamable ,is not recomended for electrical purposes ,and breakes down at temperatures @ 150f.Takes @10 mins to dry,with full cure accieved in 24 hrs.Its like paint/varnish ,and sticks to things a little .When ive used it ,as in ball joint etc ,after it dries i need to "crack the seal" by movement ,and then its ok, but no good for high-speed bearings ,it slows them down.
i looked on the RZ50 web site and noticed that its stable at very high temps (up to 500f for sustained periods),doesnt stick things up , and is non-conductive ,and more .
Ide like to try RZ50 myself ,and will see if i can import some to try here.
I live ,and race in far north Queensland ,and both myself and others here are allways looking for lubricants and protective sealants etc to combat fine dust contamination.RZ50 might be the answer.

thank you rick ,and primeline ,for introducing this usefull product to RC-Tech.

regards john

Last edited by noddy2; 04-16-2012 at 04:45 AM.