R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 11:57 AM
jirish617
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oceanhighz
Personally, I haven't owned the TC5. However, the TC6 and 6.1 were made to improve a car with some inherent flaws. Looking at the two side by side you can see a drastic different. I'm not sure what your budget is, but I'd watch for a decent Tc6 for sale here with someone with good feedback.

TC5-more setup for a nimh battery... whereas the tc6 is setup for the lipos

shock towers are more adjustable on the tc6. top deck is narrower, allowing more space for the lipo. Everything seems to be moving towards a better center of gravity in the middle of the car including the chassis being narrower.

These are just a few things. You can also update the tc6 slowly to a tc6.1 over time to have the most up to date vehicle. I'm sure someone will have a better answer, but this is a start.

If you can find a TC5 in your price range with some parts, its by no means a bad option, but keep your eye open and you may find a tc6 in the same range if you're patient.
thanks for the info! Well really im just trying to build an on-road car for a reasonable price, buying a new roller is out of the question.

Originally Posted by LasagnaCat
Parts would not be a problem for either model. We ran both at Leisure last year in VTA, with fairly equal results and similar lap times with both. The TC6 is a bit easier to setup because it was designed around the lipo pack (as mentioned) while the TC5 was a nimh design. They can both be made to run well, there's just a bigger sweet spot with the setup on the TC6. It's much better balanced out of the box, and you're not adding weight in less than ideal places to offset the lipo. I know we've been at the track together a few times but haven't personally spoken - if by any chance (it doesn't rain and) you're headed to Leisure this Saturday you can take one of our 6.1's out for a spin - let me know.
I'm sure its possible we have been there before together, i dont know many of the guys names on here. I unfortunately wont be there saturday, sunday i will because its the last points race for offroad. After that its a hit or miss because I am finishing up school so I got alot of clinical hours to get done. Odds are I wont be back there till end of april to mid may. If you do see happen to see me there let me know, i'll try to find to squeeze a random day in if i can