R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Best 1/10th scale electric car to buy
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 09:23 AM
WD40
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bishop
I get it now, he wants to be one of 'those' RC guys...

Come on, we all know it, or have seen it, that one guy around the club scene, he buys car X cause Fred told him it was the fastest, then buys car Y cause car X let him down and Ted said car Y was faster...

Then it's 3 years later, and he's chasing the magic bullet, you know 'the' car that will magically give him the .5 advantage, only problem is he spends the next 5 years buying and selling cars trying to find something most know is not there.

Seriously dude, don't be 'that' guy, buy cars for lots of silly but better reasons, like you love the colour, or it's easier to work on, but don't chase the magic bullet...

(And more seriously, don't be the guy who looks for others to make up their minds for them on what to buy either, your talking like someone who wants other people to blame if whatever you buy does not work for you.)
Everything you just said could not be further from the truth. I am actually a very loyal buyer who after buying a car sticks with it for a long long time. I just want to make sure that whatever I decide to get is something I will have success with. I have only owned 2 cars that I have raced over my 10 years of racing.....a tc3 and a losi JRX-S. And this is why I am asking these things, because I had a great experience with the tc3 (my favorite car ever). But times were a changing and I decided to go with the new losi JRX-S (very bad mistake). But even though the JRX-S was flawwed IMO, I stuck with it and even won many races with it. But I would have had a much better experience if I had gotten an XRAY instead of a JRX-S. I'm just trying to make a good first decisison becasue these things cost money you know.

So everything you said was completely opposite of what I am trying to do.