R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MTX 5
Thread: MTX 5
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 09:42 PM
Bishop
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by implusepro
So how are the revised diffs holding up in the new revised T2002 kits? Just to confirm, do these new kits come with metal rear diffs and plastic front diffs? Does the plastic front diff gears last long?

With the new rear diff being a thicker plastic now, has anyone tried puting plastic gears into them to see if they last any longer then the original diff?

How is the drivetrain on tha car? Initial reports was it was very stiff and heavy, does it loosen up well after a couple of runs (like the capricorn drivetrain)?

How are the plastics (arms, hubs, etc) Any signs of wear, slop, cracks, etc after a few runs?
I believe the T2002 kit comes with steel gears for the front and rear diffs.

And I don't think I have heard of anyone blowing a plastic front diff yet.

As to the 'new' plastics on the diffs, it's seriously hard to tell the difference, they are designed to use .1mm smaller screws, that are 2mm longer, more than that it's hard to say, cause they look like maybe having a touch more plastic on one end, but overall it's not much.

And stiff drivetrain?, don't see it myself, mine rolls well, tiny bit stiff out the box but then it comes with urethane belts, run them loose and it will roll fine, switch to rubber and it will be even better.

Plastics in general are all great on mine after a moderate amount of meetings, no real sign of slop anywhere that would concern me.