R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2012 JBRL Electric Offroad Points Series
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 03:14 PM
EricJ
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hacker07
I would like to make a suggestion and I am sure some will get upset at me or flame me for this...but thats ok with me.

I am not a smoker. I have nothing against those that choose to smoke. I just dont enjoy inhaling the 2nd hand smoke, all day. People smoking below the drivers stand, and waiting in line for the racing is by far the worst part of it. As they get their fix, my eyes burn and water and my throat gets scratchy.

Can we maybe designate a smoking area or maybe just 25 or 50 feet from the gates/doors of the facility??? If anyone has better ideas, I am down for it. I just know that many share the same sentiment. I know even nitro racing has stricter rules here.
I'm with you here, and I totally agree.

From my perspective: I'm just thankful that I haven't yet developed allergies to the pollen from Colorado Desert flora, otherwise all the smoking would have resulted in an asthma attack. If this race had happened in the Mojave (ex: Palmdale), I wouldn't have been able to race at all.

Originally Posted by Casper
In this day and age I don't think it is too much to ask for a designated smoking area away from the track/pits. With sporting arena's and other large sporting events going smoke free and even entire college campus' I think this is not unreasonable or something smokers are not used to already. Not trying to take away anyones right to smoke just trying to protect my right NOT to smoke!
This sounds great to me. Official rules of some kind would really help...

A big "Thank You!" to the drivers that I noticed leaving the track/pit areas before they smoked. Super considerate.