R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MTX 5
Thread: MTX 5
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 05:27 AM
TomB
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by greg.dawn
we ran nsw titles easter car was good did all the right things no gear /belts prob bailey made 2 mistakes all 4 days///1 off //changed to new diff all new steel bits old steel 1 was good and new one has seased or what ever and lasted 2 laps i gess he is pissed of after all the work to get to semi shoud have left old one in it was not broken //peters diff broke disk side off i can see a new cap on cards if you canot race the dam things it will end up under mower after being a GOOD supporter sinse prime 12 i am just about over it
pissed of pop
Greg from what some MTX5 racers were telling me at the track it seems the 5 has some quality control issues. ie my car was a tank, no broken diffs, gears or spurs, whilst others fast guys and slow guys were breaking stuff. some people are lucky, some aren't with the car. This might point to mugen having Quality Control issues.

the mugen trackside seller told me that he measured a 2 speed shaft and it had three seperate measurements at each end and the centre, whilst another racer said he had one shaft which fitted bearings while with another he was unable to put the bearing through.

Maybe it isn't the car or the design, so much as it is the quality control.

I've also found the plastic to be soft. for example i was lowering the front arm pins and when i was winding down the grub screw it threaded itself with little to no pressure. i probably screwed the grubs screws in and out maybe 4 times in the two races i've used the car

Last edited by TomB; 04-09-2012 at 05:40 AM.