R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 05:44 AM
Wease
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcfiend
That is the exact same issue I experienced, and I did exactly as you did. Fortunately my is only two days old and I have a receipt. I will be sending it in for replacement and the will sale it and purchase a different brand.

I'm curious, when you purchased a new one did you experience the same issue?
My new one worked great, but I only ran it for one qualifier and 1 main yesterday after I figured out the issue.

I have 12 RC off-road vehicles and every one has a Tekin ESC in them (9 1/10 scale and 3 1/8 scale) and over-all I've had great luck with all my Tekins! In the past two months however, I've had two RX8s bite the dust in some fashion. I had two previous RX8s that lasted 2 years and worked flawlessly. I ended up selling them with the vehicles they were in.

But in February I had one that was only 2 months old melt for no reason, and then the issue I found yesterday where it seems to cut out when it gets up to operating temperature. The saving grace for me is that Tekin's customer service has been top notch so far. I can deal with a few problems here and there since I know their customer service has great support.