R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 08:53 PM
rcfiend
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wease
Was having the EXACT same problem over the past month. This is in my Mugen MBX6T ECO truggy. The truck runs fine for the first two minutes or so and then I lose steering and throttle intermittently around the track. I replaced the receiver, servo, sensor wire, different batteries, different motor, reset ESC, rebound receivers and still the same problem. It follows the same pattern like clockwork after each of the aforementioned changes. This ESC is only about 1.5 months old, but in my desperation I replaced it with a brand new RX8 I keep in my box for a back-up. Waaaallaaaa, that fixed it! So it seems like once my RX8 gets up to temp so to speak; it begins to fail for some reason. Bought this at a local hobby shop and I lost my receipt Since they're a local place I can't get an online copy like you can when you buy from the online places.
That is the exact same issue I experienced, and I did exactly as you did. Fortunately my is only two days old and I have a receipt. I will be sending it in for replacement and the will sale it and purchase a different brand.

I'm curious, when you purchased a new one did you experience the same issue?