R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 04-07-2012, 04:44 PM
oldschoolnewb
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bakerman
How do I increase my power- on steering on my SCTE Ten? My car steers fine with power off, but understeers terribly when I add the power. I've listed the details of my setup below, but I'm wondering which tuning options have the biggest effect (in what order) to increase power-on steering...balance, shocks, diff oils, etc. Is there a guide somewhere like a troubleshooting guide?
My scte had this problem, then one day I tried putting the stock rear chassis brace back on. Suddenly the car had all kinds of on power steering. This is just in case you are running a long chassis brace.

My set up last time at the track was very close to identical to the Dakota Phend set up sheet on the losi web site. Only change was the RC Shox two stage shock pistons with 32.5 front fluid and 30 rear fluid.

The car turned around corners on power very effortlessly with this set up, the Jammin cnc aluminum chassis, and the stock short rear chassis brace.

Next time out I am upping the shock fluids, I am pretty sure I can get away with it with the increased rebound dampening of the two stage pistons. I am trying 40 front and 35 rear with silver front spring and purple rear. I am also going to the middle thickness sway bar in the rear.