R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NY HPI Challenge
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2004, 10:22 AM
Proteus
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by treky11
FastHarry is right. Mr Baffer did a great job.

Everyone voted and wanted to race. He said it would get late. We raced until 11pm-ish last year on Sunday and that only had one round of heats and the mains. So to get two round and the mains is was awesome.

The track was a great layout, had decent traction and was fine. I have been to plenty of tracks that have white boards, RoadRail is white and just about all indoor tracks have white boards/pipe. I don't think it was an issue at all.

Mr Baffer also did a good job of calling many of the races.

Sorry if you didn't have a great time but a post like that is unnecessary.
Actually, the white boards was a problem. The white boards would blend into the white parking line paint and was difficult to differentiate at first. I overheard several racers complaining about the boards. That was a minor problem, except when the boards were moved. A quick solution to that would be to add red cones. And as for the aspault, I'm sure there were better places to host this, but on such short notice, I'm willing to let that slide by. And congrats on being able to pull off 2 quals and a main, especially since many were first time racers or newbies. When you have racers that run on a regular basis every weekend, it's very easy to pull off 2 quals and a main. So again, congrats on Bruckners pulling it off. Trust me...I needed that second qualifier. I had problems my first qual, especially in Nitro mod. berfore the 2nd qual, I was 39th overall. After the 2nd qual, I managed to qualify into 4th position.

All in all, I had a good time as always. I didn't make the challenge last year so I was really looking forward to this year's challenge. I hope that HPI will continue to hold CHALLENGES. So to everybody, let's not forgot to drop an email or better a phone call to HPI and let them know how you feel. Remember that the only reason HPI is in business is to serve the racers.

See you all next year!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff Bagamaspad