R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-Evolution IV
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2004, 02:05 AM
markp27
Tech Elite

Originally posted by V12
Hi Mark
Yes saw it already. Someone posted a link to your review. Itīs great. When will be the next part out? After your marathon I think.
You really bought the Acer ceramic now for the 415? What do you think and how went it with ordering/shipping?
Yep, my Marathon takes priority at the moment Then I'll need to get a couple of shells painted up (my least favourite part!!!) and then pick a quiet time at the track to test both cars.
I think the test results are still a few weeks away.

Yep, the Acer bearings are nice! I'll be putting up another very short review on the bearings by tomorrow on 3hobby.com
Ordering and shipping went really well - it took a little longer to get the bearings than I at first thought, but I was still satisfied.

As I haven't run with the bearings yet - it is dificult to give a conclusive answer about how good they are, but as I said above they do run very smoothly.
The only down point on them was that they were supplied with a very heavy grease in the bearings. I had to clean this out and re-oil them....but it is best to do this anyway.

Cheers, Mark.