R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)
Old 04-05-2012, 12:23 PM
erchn
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theatriks
Hey guys newbie question here but im used to shock oil weight and spring rates.....but never used gf/mm just wondering if theres a conversion chart out there to make it easier for me to set up these shocks....thanks
I think this is actually a pretty non-trivial question. Only because you can get to the same gF/mm number while having different shock dampening and spring rates. Some general advice about valid ranges, given by Oleg quite a while ago, is here. Personally, I think it can vary quite a bit depending on bumpiness of track, stock vs. open class, type of traction that's created, mechanical vs. artificially created chemical based traction.

I think those numbers might be a little high as well, considering the center of gravity is much lower in the A700, so softer/thinner settings may be needed. Experiment, look at setup sheets on the Awesomatix /download/ page, you'll get an idea of what works. Sorry more specific advice, at least by myself, cannot be given.

Last edited by erchn; 04-05-2012 at 12:25 PM. Reason: slightly more detail