Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 11:50 AM
Johnny Wishbone
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by samhun
Hi john,
A friend of mine just got his TE s411 couple of days ago. I think he'll probably notice the gear differential issues by this weekend. Ermm...i haven't test run the Option Alu upright yet, but since My LHS already agreed to replace me another new one. So, i will just wait for the new batch to test it. Reason of changing the Option alu upright was because each time my car got hit by others, my Ballend sometimes came off from the plastic upright.
I think Serpent will fix the bind by increasing the plunge on the outdrives but in the mean time tell your friend to do the trim of the pin cushion so he has no problems.

I know what you mean about the pulled ball stud issue. Do you run the extra setscrew in the empty upright hole? Some find this is enough to strengthen the wall thickness so the ballstud doesn't pull out. On my practice car I do two things with the uprights, first I drill the ballstud holes all the way thru, and then tap them with a actual tap, not a screw, so it cuts the threads and doesn't stress the upright as I've seen them split just putting the screws in. Secondly, I change out the outer ballstud and link for the older Xray balljoint that uses a screw to secure it, this way once I set my rc spacing I can put a much longer screw in that fills the whole length of the upright.

Hopefully the LHS will get you fixed up.