R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Is this a NON insulated carb problem?
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 06:54 AM
Cummins Driver
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Herr- Why do you get so defensive when someone has an issue with fuel boiling? Im here to tell you it is a REAL problem on some engines wether you want to believe it or not. The thing is though, no one was in here slamming SH and saying not to buy them or that they were junk. You are a fan of their engines and thats fine, but the fuel boiling can be an issue with them. You need to quit getting personal about it.

At this point, i may take one of my SH engines and tune it and run it until the fuel boils with a stock carb. Then swap carbs and show that it never happens. On video...

My thunder tiger engines dont have boiling issues and they dont have insulated carbs either. My SH engines have basically all had the problem in warmer weather though. Something to do with their design. When its cold out, the issue never shows up....

KawasakiRider- If your fuel is boiling away from the nipple on the carburetor, then you have a fuel boiling issue as you know. Dont worry about the guys that dont think its possible, just put an insulated carb on and enjoy that engine.