R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 01:33 AM
Mike Schroder
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Warren Maker
Hey Guys just thought I would give you the heads up that Ryan TQ and Win at the Victorian Titles last weekend with the S411 T/E. Link to the last final is here on utube www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWXzDa-TfSA

We only got the car a few days before the event and had almost no time for dialling. Amazingly the car was great in practice setting the fastest lap time. This gave Ryan a great sense of confidence.

As it turned out it was to be a false one. As the car was so good he didn't change any thing... OOPS.

Come the qualifiers next day everyone else went faster and Ryan went slower! by about .2. Racing was so close that we were to scared to change to much being so unfamiliar with the car. I wasn't there so we were in constant contact by phone.

So my advice was "The fastest car doesn't always win" Just drive your lines. In the end this was just good enough to take out TQ and win... JUST

I or Ryan will post the set-up in the next day or so; but basically it was Marc's German Nationals with just a few changes. Rear Wheel base lengthened 2mm. Front wheelbase short 1mm. 1mm Ackermann spacer and HPI Silver Springs.

If u look at the Video you will see Ryan's car struggles through the R/H sweeper and then the braking into the tight left hander that follows. Also the car seemed to be lacking a little corner speed. In hindsight I think as the griip came up Ryan's car over gripped and went slower. Ryan leads this race except for the second last lap where he rolls it on the left hand back corner. Any suggestions from the Gurus would be appreciated

Thanks to Serpent and Walther's Hobby for a great car that we just know can be even faster yet.

Hi Warren,

Please send my congrats to Ryan it will be great having someone with so much local experience to help with the car. Again congrats.

Cheers,
Michael