R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Verndog
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
I'm not sure why making the dial-a-grips have another 1mm of offset would make a left and right mount. The offset isn't to change wheelbase, it's to change track width at the hinge pin. The offset is to move the hinge pin outward away from the bulkhead, so you don't have to put so many shims against the bulkhead. Less shims = less bent screws and less block rotation.
I meant track width above. Yes, If I move the hole outbound then it will be off center of the block meaning it cannot be flipped around anymore. That makes a left and right block. The other option is to add thickness on both sides (to keep on center) and add unnecessary weight...not a good choice.

There in no block rotation happening on the dial a grip with or without 1mm additional shim, money back guarantee on that. The block is already +1mm over stock TC6 so 6.1 only requires 1mm shim. And no matter how you slice it you will need a longer screw so bent screw is no difference either way. No front or back / left or right to keep track of, and still 100% compatible with TC6. No changing my mind now, just finishing another 6-8 months supply as we speak.