R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 11:52 AM
mutley001
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mini35
I finally got my M05 handling nicer than my M03R but got tired of it diffing out in the slower corners of our indoor track so have put in an oil filled diff with 10,000wt oil in it. It has ruined my car . Now under any acceleration it snaps violently to the right and backing off then causes it to lunge to the left so hard it nearly always spins out. Driving along the main straight is like watching an ECG trace on a heart monitor. This must have happened to someone before, so how the hell do you cure it? Was thinking of going to MUCH MUCH thicker oil? I have a hi torque servo saver, alloy servo horn and a very beefy metal geared servo and the Tamiya alloy steering set so I know it's not a weakness in the steering area. Also running TRF mini shocks with blue front and yellow rear springs. Please help before I throw this chassis in the trash and go back to my TT01.
Had exactly the same issues, but in stead of going thicker I checked all the possibilities for tweak In The chassis. This helped a lot but didt cure it. I then went thicker on oil and this made it even worse! So went lighter. Ended up at 5000wt oil. No diffing out and no handling issues. Happy days!