R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3Racing Sakura Zero S
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 10:02 PM
redbarton
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Here's just a little report on my Sakura racing. Today was our carpet state champs. I was running really well in our Sportsman class. I won both heats/TQ'd and then was well on my way to winning the main until...

A new guy in the class jumped a rail in a totally different lane. Unfortunately, he chose to soften his landing by taking out my right front A-arm. It's amazing how fast you can go from up a lap to dead last in less than a heartbeat! So, my hopes for a top podium finish were dashed! I'm still so not happy about not taking a trophy home, but what can you do? I guess I am a bad sport since I didn't even stick around for the awards ceremony.

On a positive note, I'm am really enjoying my Sakura. It's a very capable chassis that I've been able to grow with. I'm learning quickly about how to improve its set up. It's been pretty durable considering our indoor track has some less than forgiving barriers. Besides that A-arm today, I've only broken a rear bulkhead cover so far. Overall, I would definitely recommend one to a friend.

I also bought a second used Zero S chassis which I will be using for the upcoming outdoor on-road season as a VTA chassis. I have run a TC4 up to now, but I feel like it is holding me back when I compare the performance to my original Zero. Hopefully I will have better luck during the season and can avoid airborne attacks better!