R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - JP engines
Thread: JP engines
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2004, 02:28 PM
gonzoY5
Tech Regular

God i love this engine. I had the silicone replaced by someone locally and have had no more problems with it. The evil ingredient was Marvel Mystery Oil. That crap is a detergent I believe. Oh well, my bad. Haven't put it in since then. NOW, been through 3 races with it and man this thing is fast. I have the Stock version of the T03 and it's as fast as the MOD version at my track. The only one that has more top end at my track seems to be a RB V12 Rody Mod so I'm pretty satisfied. Heard guys asking to get leaned out after I'd catch them during the main Only problem today was the ambient temp really changed during the main, I was running a 7C and the rain clouds and cooled down the track about 10*F and suddenly my idle went to crap and so did my mileage. I'm still getting the hang of the turbo plugs. My initial thoughts were to change the plug to a 6C before the main 'cuz I knew the clouds would come during the main, but i second guessed myself and listened to some other track experts and kept what I had. And sure enough, every else had the same problem during the main. OH well....Live and Learn. I still won the main. i was up by 4 laps and came in for a splash and the thing quit. By the time I got started again, 2nd place had caught up to me, But I managed to stay ahead for the final couple of minutes. I love this motor. Stock and All. I'd recommend it to anyone.