R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2004, 09:35 PM
fatdoggy
Tech Elite

Just thought I'd share my first decient experience with 1/12th.

The first time I tried 12th I ran a friends car on asphult for about 3 minutes, the setup was off and I wasn't really into it. Tonight(2nd time ever, 1st on carpet) was a completly different experience. A friend handed over his modified 1/12th(reflex 12 with a 12t and a year old pack from last years gate nats) and said don't hold back(I didn't ask to drive his car and never would have). I've been running stock TC for 2 years and had had a crap day of practice till that time. After a few tips I went out on an empty track to give it a shot, with him and another friend watching. It took me 10 or so slow laps to get a feel for the car, the next 8+/- laps were faster but had me blowing lines on 2-3 corners per lap. However the next 10 were to be quite frank "Friggin Ballistic!", it was very easy to drive and the setup felt perfect. I still blew a corner or two per every 2 laps though. I lightly brushed the wall 5 times or so all up, but only drilled it once. I took the sweeper coming off the straight too tight around lap 15 and it did a nice little back flip, after the bump lifted the front end up. Parts tally 0 nothing broken, so the owner told me to keep going after a quick inspection. What suprised me was that the rear end was more planted then I thought it would be. Lap times, one or two of the local fast guys can hit high 11 second laps but most are in the low 12's. My best lap I guess was around maybe lap 25 or so with a 12.66. Most of my laps were high 12's or low 13's. Yes I know a full second is WAY off the pace. That run was the most fun I've ever had in R/C.

Why isn't this class bigger? Easy to drive, well alot easier then I expected, fast and a shat load of fun.

Last edited by fatdoggy; 08-22-2004 at 12:09 AM.