R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Capricorn Lab C-02 OR Shepherd Velox V10?
Old 03-28-2012, 12:51 AM
blis
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by British Menace
Good to know. Thanks 'blis'

I really don;t know which way to go with this, which car to get.???

BM
In terms of real results that you may find relevant. Luke my son drove a G4EVO+WC with a shepherd clutch at the National Titles with a Nova353, when he returned with a Capricorn C02 he was 1 second faster, straight from the get go.

Guy my other son who drove the G4EVO+WC earlier that year, with the Shepherd was .5 seconds faster (out of then box). So both cars are better than a G4 mainly due to the rolling mass if diffs etc. Both my sons agree that both cars are quicker than the G4. Guy said the V10 was easier to work on, Luke doesnt have any problems working on the C02.

So it all falls into your court as to which chassis you will get the most support for, what you prefer personally and which is easier on the pocket.

One important note to mention, we have not broken ANY parts on a C02 that werent caused by a build error. So it's not a good issue to base the purchase of a C02 based on the parts costs.

I've stripped and broken more G4 parts than I have either of our newer cars. With the capricorn it's an additional cost for genuine brass components and you'll need them @1725g, the V10 is an immediate LiFe upgrade or you will be heavy or frustrated, dont buy the Lithium Shepard 2s cylinder pack, then electronics failed.

And before some of the others throw old cracked wheels at me....

Get the C02!!!