R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 03-25-2012, 12:37 AM
hitcharide1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Holy crappy memory batman!

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Hey Phil! Some of us looked at Superstock as the ultimate class ;-)
Give the Tiger Snot a try, it will work fine> I think the commerciallly produced tires use CA, superglue, but it's hard to clean up and unforgiving. You could put a bead around the edge if there is any gap.

Ned
Maybe it's the passing of time..but I remember when I started in superstock I typically ran in the "G" or "H" main. I remember an equal amount of mains in open. Is it just me or did a lot more ppl used to be involved? Racing in superstock was pretty good, seemed like good competition and the cars would take a licking and keep on ticking. I moved to open and eventually got to the point where I managed to beat Jack Mueller and Bruce Oakley on a good day (and I won't swear to it but I think I edged Rick Davis one time) but the superstock races were fantastic, and the bodies! My fav was the Indy oval, just ridiculous lap times..also seemed like ppl were a tad more friendly back in the day too. Now they have overpriced crap which is fine if you're a team driver but a tad hard on entry level, especially with breakage. I'm running an Edam 4wd this year, which is as near as I can tell just like a Mugen/Serpent but a fraction of the cost...tho if there is a turnout in pan...frankly...I'd rather run pan. I think it hit the point where the money and time involved for a few extra seconds has gotten out of control and I don't know how new guys get into it with the initial layout required. What, 600 for a rolling pan, 300+ for novarossi, 200+ on radio, and we're not even talking spares, bump box, fuel, travel, etc? And in this economy? The economy sucked in the 70's but pan was strong I think because it was affordable and you didn't spend all your time wrenching in between heats (or some of these guys that have team mechanics.) Or maybe I'm just getting older...hmm.