R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NiMH AA rechargables, 2300mAh!!! Questions
Old 08-20-2004, 06:47 AM
Joel Lagace
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Joe B
Why wouldn't I want 1.2 volt cells..........We'll Joel....In "some" cases, the difference in overall voltage were talking about here...."can" make a difference in whether or not you get glitches or interference, especially if you race at tracks that have less than Ideal surroundings....I like to be as far away from interference as possible......not to mention that when I sent airtronics an e-mail concerning this some time ago......they replied that most highend radios (including theirs) were originally designed to perform best and most trouble free ,with 1.5volt cells.......I used to run 1.2volt rechargeables for a short time,but got tired of hearing the low voltage alarm beeping at 9.1 volts.....I'll have to check out some of the 1.5volt rechargeables you mentioned that they make............
Sounds good to me. I guess i have never had that problem. Been using my 3PJ for years and have never heard the low battery alarm. I have raced at various tracks both electric and nitro. The only place i could honestly say i had glitching that could not be explained was in Cleveland during practice that mystiriously went away the next day... I dont doubt the high end radios would need the extra juice. But if your running high capacity 1.2v cellls you should rarely hear the low bat signal...

But like is said above 1.5v rechargables are available in alkaline and nicad as someone just mentioned