R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo MR-4TC SD
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2004, 12:54 AM
johnbull
Tech Master

Originally posted by Midnight
Tonight my car was perfectly hooked. At the end of the night two things changed. The humidity increased, and I went from 8.5 droop in the front to 7 off of the arm. I dont know what happen but the ass end wanted to swing out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
I think you have told us the answer yourself. If you increased the amount of front droop only, you have probably upset the balance.

More droop - lower figures = more grip. You have increased the front grip in relation to the rear. I suspect that's your problem.

MORE CGM FUN.

I spent an evening at the track yesterday and it was a pleasure again. This car is so brilliant, and believe me I've driven them all at some stage. I just haven't got enough words of praise for it.

The guys I was racing with are young - in their 20s - and extremely good, and I am old and not so good - lousy eyes and slow reflexes - understandable at my age. Yet that car was a match everywhere, even on softer motors.

I did my first run on a very old set of tyres just to see that the car was OK. I need not have bothered. Result 17.5 laps and a best lap in 17.2, which is about normal, on a good day. My next run with a newish set of tyres but everything else the same got me into 18 laps - first time ever - with a best lap in 16.8.

And yes, as somebody said earlier, you just don't notice the extra weight on the track.

I'm going to make it a point to go down again this evening, and this time I'm going to run some REAL motors.