R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Children Repellents
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 03:36 PM
IanWright
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WindDrake
I take my gear to the park all the time, and the kids around here occasionally ask to have a go with it.

If the parents are around, sometimes I'll give them a quick How-To Lesson with the radio, turn the EPA down 50-75%, then let them tool around with it. But only if the parent is standing over the kid.

Kids by themselves? Nope, go away. If they don't go away, my gear goes back in the car until they go away. Haven't had anybody push that one yet.

Only ever let one kid in recent history drive something I own (My Slash) at full power, and that's because he had just finished doing some 3D stuff with his car full of electric Heli's. I wasn't worried about him being careless.
+1 - Encourage without risking too much. A kid having driving one is most likely a kid wanting an RC car, and that's a good thing for the hobby.

I have happily handed my car over to relative newbies and bashers I meet that express and interest in Buggy to do some laps at the track. It was always a little... ummm, nervy with 1/8th but 1/10th is relatively inexpensive if something breaks. Yet to have it happen, so far anyone I have handed my cars to have treated them with respect. Last time to really not worry about breaking it and push a little for corner speed as he was being so careful.

Obviously I don't recommend handing over your race car to the guy driving into everything and everyone then laughing about it...

Last edited by IanWright; 03-21-2012 at 03:46 PM.