Old 03-20-2012, 07:43 PM
skypilot
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Bump for the NAT.

When can we find out what are the 2 house classes...? My concern is...ROAR does not have a clear definition about those who run MOD can or cannot run stock 17.5.........if that is the case, I need to find out the other house class for the National. I would like to see no timing 13.5 or 10.5...just something faster then 17.5 but not MOD.

I know what ROAR said about mod driver cannot run stock. It is in the rule book, but the just finished carpet national, there were 2 drivers running stock 17.5 (1 is actually a winner) and both of them were running MOD as well. Why the rule does not apply to them or on that event..? Still a National and still are the stock 17.5 vs mod class.
I think your reading the rules wrong, the rule against mod drivers running stock is not a driver rule, i.e. if you run mod a previous major or club races you can run stock at roar nationals, the rule has to do with running the same chassis (sedan) in both mod and stock, in the past they allowed stock and 19t, or 19t and mod, but not stock and mod, but this "rule" or any other rule for that fact is not set in stone. the hosting club and simply ask for a variance on the rule. I haven't checked the rule book so I'm not even sure thats still a rule.

p.s. I just re read your post, never mind..