R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 03-20-2012, 07:08 AM
Kuya_Kimo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kazuaki
For those that were waiting for the AKA Cyclone wheels for the SCTE, I just got 2 sets in the mail (8 wheels). After a close inspection of the wheels, I'll probably be sticking the the DE wheels. The AKA wheels looks nice and seem like good plastic, but they seem to have approximately 1mm more backspacing than the DE wheels. That is, the truck will be about 2mm narrower with the AKA wheels. Now what I don't know is where the stock wheels fit into the mix. It could be the AKA wheels are fine and the DE wheels actually make the truck wider. Regardless, it doesn't seem like narrower would be better. The other thing I don't like about the AKA wheels is that they fit very loose on my wheel hexes. Where I have to actually press the DE wheels onto the hex when they are new, the AKA wheels slid right over the hex and kind of flop around until you tighten them down.
@jared.
Here's a user review, all based off the powerful Internet so do I really know which cyclone model he used... maybe PM him before you open your wheels.

I haven't been racing much, work/family/snowboarding lately but I've been want to feed the itch.