R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2004, 08:04 AM
Solara
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by X-Garage
One more thing...Can I use the same oil in the front and same in the rear?

Solid = SPOOL, just different terms that ppl use.....and you want to use it on the FRONT....if you want to use it on the rear, you MUST use 1-way up front on some HIGH BIT, BIG HUGH track...otherwise, use your rear diff and 1-way or diff in front.

With solid front, be prepare to have snapped CVD or twisted CVD, on high trackion track, that will gives you very quick steering, but since there are NO WHERE the extra power on both wheels to go (because it is solid), it will go to the dogbone....many ppl will have snapped or twisted dogbone because of that...so, be aware...

Yes, you can use both same # of grease on both front and rear diff....but I doubt it will work the best, the front WILL NEVER be set the same as the REAR of the car, if the diff is the same, your shock oil/springs, camber/caster, tire shores/diameter.....etc, one of the thing you must have to adjust in order to make your car handles great....

I would not do that, i would always make my front diff tigher then the rear...., I rather use the same oil/springs and tires F and R in stead of the same diff grease