R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3Racing Sakura Zero S
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 12:00 PM
pejota
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Ran both Sakuras this weekend--
VTA and RCGT (17.5, no boost, X-Patterns, HPI Mazda RX7 190mm body)

Bumpy asphalt, low traction, prepped by blowing then sprayed with grape soda/maple syrup mix

Both cars were loose on corner exit while accelerating. Dialed the Dual rate way back which helped some.

I was running Team Associated Silver fronts, Gold rears. Changed both cars to have Blues in the rear.

RCGT car responded well to this change. I was able to turn enough laps to finish 3rd or 4th if i was running with the TC guys. Finished first in both my heats, but chewed a spur before the main.

VTA felt much better after this change, but I wasn't 100% dialed. The car pushed on the two 180* turns at the track. I'd like to blame this on the bald VTA tires (the hobby shop I ordered from dropped the ball on their "in stock" VTA tires). In hindsight, I should have tried softer front springs, but I could still drive the car to P4 qualifying slot and finished on the podium in 3rd.

Two things i want to try...
Sway bars- anyone using them and give me an idea of which ones to start with?
Front Spool- can i just buy the shiny purple part or do i need the white gear (from the ball diff assembly) to go with it?

@6376vette- I didn't get a chance to try the 2* blocks yet. I wasn't 100% happy with the spring choices and bald tires so i just drove through those issues.