R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - JConcepts Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 10:24 PM
tonyv2382
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I know this has probably been asked before and I did a search but didnt get a clear answer.

Im running on an indoor clay track. Occasionally it gets dusty and other times moist.

Ive been running BK's and Tapers with awesome results but the tire wear is ridiculous. Im getting maybe 3 race days out of them. I race once a week and by the third race day they are pretty much done. That includes a full day of practice as well.

I tried blues but they pushed up front, however I hear they are good once broken in, but I have tried gold barcodes up front on my previous cars and they felt really good and smooth. Im just wondering how they feel in the rear as Ive ordered a set to mount up. Will the blues work better after some time (break in) or will the golds work better?

Ive tried some other clay compounds in the past and didnt have much luck when the track dried out. So far in almost all situations the pinks have been working, but Im just looking for a tire that would work just as well with some more life in them...tires can get costly after a while