R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 racing new F1
Thread: 3 racing new F1
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 06:30 AM
6376vette
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wollow86
So I've mostly finished the build, and I've run into the same problems as every body else with the motor hitting the upper deck mount. I've had a look through but couldn't find the pics of what people have done to modify it.

I'm also thinking a lot of the problem is the tekin redline I'm using being to fat in the back of the motor. By the looks of it, motors like the Reedy Sonic, Team Powers, Gens Ace... with the tapered rear and smaller timing adjustment ring should fit a lot better. Can anyone confirm this?

Gearing wise, I'm not sure where to start either (other then the biggest pinion I can fit right now being 18T...). Large track, long straight, 17.5 Blinky.
The Novak ballistic fits the best. I can fit a 31 pinion and 35 spur with the Novak. If you use the aluminium bulkheads and motor mount you can fit a 34 on a reedy sonic but you have to grind the motor mount for clearance. You can also drill new holes in the chassis and top deck and move the esc door forward a little to get clearance.