R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2012 R.O.A.R Carpet Nationals
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 06:38 PM
GP40X
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Three
What do I need to bring to Thursday pre-tech inspection for VTA?
Motor (and tools to disassemble it), tires, and batteries?
John, my understanding is just motors and batteries on Thursday night (you may have to bring the car too but the motor needs to be out of it and unsoldered from the ESC). They will inspect the motor with one or both of two meters and tear down may be required so bring a driver to open up your motor if necessary. The motor will have an ID label applied to it, the screws will be sealed and that motor will be registered in your name. ROAR told me you can register up to three motors per class per event. There will be no pre-approval stickers applied to VTA bodies, as there is no approved list, but it must be a VTA body. VTA tires will be checked as part of the regular tech Line as you go out to, or come off of the track, including timed practice. There is no controlled tire for VTA, so ROAR will be looking for tread and minimum depth (no slicks or bald tires) and random checks may be done on tire/wheel width and diameter. I got this information from Bob Ingersoll, the ROAR RMT Coordinator. HTH.

BTW, how do you like the 69 Wimbledon White Boss 302?