R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 03-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Oortael
Tech Adept

Hi,

I got into the hobby as a child and wanted to have a car to play that looks exactly like the cars on TV. It took me some time to talk my father in to buy me a F102 with the design of Michael Schumacher’s car the B192 because he’s my favorite race car driver. This was somewhere in 1993.
As I grow older I bought body kits for the car to keep it true to what I’ve seen on TV that time. And I was fine with the car as it was.

When the new F103 came out later it didn’t draw my attention, because I don’t needed the better performance the car offered. After a few years I gave up my hobby because my interests moved on to other stuff. This was some years ago.

But when the F104Pro was released I thought of the fun I had with my F102 and decided to purchase the new car with a body that suits my sense of what a F1car looks should look like. Even that it costs more than 200 EUR here in Europe. It is just nice to see a model of a real F1 car in action.

All the time there was only one option for me to go with a pan car style rear for F1 because there hasn’t been a real alternative to my budget.
Now when the FGX came out with that small price I must have one because of the nice IRS and the scale look at that price.

Long story short: As long as the costs are kept down, the chassis is durable, simple and the whole car looks like a F1 I am fine with that. I don’t need the overall performance approach that 4WD, Pan Cars, etc. have.

A manufacturer might come up with a design that will be closer to real F1 cars at a max. price of 120$ someday, I probably buy that too and let the other cars rest on the shelf as a reminder to what fun I had with them.

Regards
Oortael