R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2.5 Tmaxx acting weird.
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 06:00 PM
crnext
Tech Initiate

Unhappy 2.5 Tmaxx acting weird.

Hi guys.

So my buddy sees my AWESOME DEAL on a nitro Revo 3.3 that I bought. he catches the bug and wants one bad. I findd him a Tmaxx on Craigslist for $150, claiming it needs a reciever. I watched the guy start it up on his tailgate. seemed to start ok. Next day my buddy is tinkering with it and I go to investigate with him. We found two different crystals in the radio and receiver. Solved immedeately. Couldn't do much else, so I brought it home after starting the wretched thing over a dozen times and watching it run. once home I determined the batteries were shot to the servo/electrics so I swapped for new. Radio Control RESTORED.

***HERE IS THE ISSUE***

I go out side to test drive, freaking thing wont start for squat.

I primed it. Solved a fuel and exhaust leak, fixed the seal on the fuel tank, and still nothing. Finally I lean the LSN VERY VERY SLIGHTLY. (Roughly 5 degrees clockwise.) Nothing to the HSN NOR IDLE SET.
Starts. Runs! I start trying to tune it for proper mixture, (very slight adjustments while running on dry pavement) but the wretched thing will never act like my old Tmaxx nor my new Revo. It was very very sluggish.

Now as a result of tuning, stupid thing will not even start without several flooding issues. It spits fuel from the carb, etc. Once in a while it will start, but wont run for beans. Carb adjustments do little if anything. I have had the HSN OUT and APART. I cant see any problem there. I dont know how to remove the slide nor the LSN. We removed the hex plugs and see no build up nor jellying... We're at a loss. The thing makes what Id call decent suction and compression. Any thoughts?

I really need help patching this friendship up before he decides I bought him a junk TMaxx. Guys please help, and you'll be doing me a great favor.