R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ** SERPENT TOUR - 9th to 11th of March 2012 **
Old 03-11-2012, 02:48 PM
BartzRC
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
nice Aaron, 2nd place for gas tourer. what happened to Ric in tourer and 8th ? bit dissapointing to see 2 DNF. after such a strong qualifying performance.
Hi Patto, yeh very dissapointed after a great qualifying battle especially in 10th tourer. The MTX5 was awesome and it was a stripped 2nd gear that eventually ended my race. I had around a 6 second lead over Tim Lee at the 8 minute mark when it happened, totally unexpected. I tried to carry on with one gear but knew the motor would go so had the gear changed and lost 4 laps. Eventually the engine gave up so that was that. In 1/8th it was a battery plug con=ming loose after shunting a stopped car. It was a difficult race because of the skill level difference. Never mind, they say that that is racing and so it is.
A big congrats to the winners, and a big thank you to Walter RC and Jay Arnamwat for running the meeting and also to Aaron Lee for putting up with my tantrums!
RIc B.
PS thanks also to Steve Sabolcki for his pit work and Tommy Lee in the tourer final.