R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Why not a national points system?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Bob-Stormer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
... until some kind of sponsor is willing to put of real money for tracking and teching a national points system,
someone will put a 13 turn motor in a 19 turn can.....

If a person is willing to do it now (motor to fast for class rules, "cheat") for free at a club race, it's not going to get better with money behind it or
solve that problem on a local level. Just putting that out there.

I think you'll find 99% of club racers have the integrity required not to knowingly cheat the rules.

If real money will solve the problem, how much money is "real money"?

You guys are going about this completely incorrectly. There is money out there being spent. But you're looking out for yourselves, which is of
course, human nature. Imagine a scenario where you're looking out for a company instead, and you get what you see in the picture below.
Traxxas is looking out for itself. What would it take for you to get a proper points system? You have to look out for somebody, you don't just
get to pick their pocket for free. John Force said, "Traxxas, guess what I can do for you!", and Traxxas said, "Why yes, thank you, that
would be lovely". The only time anybody from the RC Hobby calls Traxxas is when they want race prizes....

Yea, yea, yea, me, me, me... What are you willing to do for a sponsor that kicks in "Real Money"? What's in it for them? In the below scenario,
what would be in it for Traxxas? Clearly, they can swing the big bat. Why doesn't it swing your way?

Had they come on the forums here and said, "we want to start a national points system with cash and prizes and travel..." 75% of you would
have complained that they had to do it with a Traxxas car, not the one they already have.

So Traxxas focuses on Traxxas, and selling Traxxas. While we worry about a club race guy with different rotor in his can and debate it for 14
pages. Or how we can trick a light to blink on a speedo. MEANWHILE, we have the stuff in the picture below. Anybody picking up what
I'm putting down?

Last edited by Bob-Stormer; 03-08-2012 at 10:48 PM.