R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Rc10ntc3
Thread: Rc10ntc3
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2004, 12:45 AM
roddude65
Tech Apprentice

a traction roll is just what it says .. the car gets too much traction on the outside tires of the turn and it literally picks up the inside tires and flips the car into a rollover... this happens a bunch in electric carpet racing, and on the higher speed high grip nitro circuits.

I just wish i could get this high speed push out of my car .. its starting to drive me batty ..

ok .. here goes .. I have a high speed MAJOR push like the car is carrying the front tires down the straight heres the set up I have on it right now

front

nitro shoes 40 shore fronts 28 mm
9* caster
2* camber
0* toe in
5 mm ride height
droop 4
no roll bar
std ackerman no bumpsteer spacers and rtr drive shafts
red spring with 70 wt oil and a #3 piston
shock mounted all the way out in the top body post hole and outside on the arm
camber link in the inner lower position
tires wear even across the face and dont wear very quickly

rear

jaco nitro shoes rears 40 shore 30mm
2* camber
2* toe in
5.5 mm ride height
no roll bar
copper spring with 40 wt oil and a #3 piston
V2 rear suspension camber link in the middle hole
shock in the middle hole
droop of 4
tires wear pretty evenly across the face or just a slight bit of coning to indicate more camber is on the outside tire in the highspeed sections

General

runing a stratus 2.0 body
right at the 1725 gram weight limit without transponder
running a rev happy mugen motor with 54/21 1st and 50/25 2nd
diffs set for 1/2 turn out front ... 1/4 turn out rear ( this helped a bit on the high speed but made the back end too loose in the slow sections so I went back to 1/2 front and 3/4 rear for the main )

any suggestions .. this is on a temporary parking lot track treated with sprayed down pop for a traction additive its a medium grip semi bumpy ashpalt location so I couldnt go down with the ride heights or start scraping

things I tried .. ride height at 4 and 4.5 mm respectively .. 60wt with a #3 piston in the front .. 12* caster .. 3* camber .. not together but individually ..

I am about at my wits end with this .. its only in the two highspeed sweepers that I have to really slow down to get it through .. most other cars are hitting these sections just about wide open .. going onto the straight I can do about 3/4 throttle and going off I have to lift to about 1/2 throttle and burp the breaks to keep off the outer barriers

any thoughts or hints would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance and have fun racing

E