R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - new novak esc!
Thread: new novak esc!
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2004, 12:40 AM
johnbull
Tech Master

Manufacturers employ people that are World class drivers because they need someone good to do the testing and developement.

This is nothing new. At the 98 Worlds LRP's top drivers, including the World Champ himself were running speedos without a case, simply because there was no such case for those prototype speedos in existance.

Associated and Losi works drivers have been running wierd cars for years. When they are happy with them the factory release them to us - the buying public. Corally have just been doing the same with their fabulous new car.

Novak are doing the same thing. I have been following the developement of the GTX for some months through a friend who has been testing one in his TC3. He's also testing lots of new TC3 .....TC4? bits.

That sort of thing happens all the time in everything, including real cars. I don't really see anything wrong with it. I would rather be able to buy something that's tried and tested on the World's race tracks by the World's best drivers, than have to be the guinea pig myself.

Just my 2 cents, but I respect other people's different views.