R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2.5 vs .12tr
Thread: 2.5 vs .12tr
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2004, 06:28 PM
rc_alan
Tech Fanatic

Sean... No, the motor mounts are the same as any small block motor... The crank sytle of the TRX 2.5 is a design just for the T-Maxx and N4TEC... If you don't mind using a pull-start 2.5, then the conversion will be alot easier if you use the thread shaft version.. If you want to use a bump starter like I did, you'll have to do alot more to it too get everything to work. Due to the TRX 2.5 sg shaft being alittle larger then normal sg shafts, you would have to use the Traxxas clutch nut and install it backwards... You would then use a 2 shoe Team Associated non pull start flywheel. Installing the clutch shoe springs will be alittle tricky since you're installing them on the Traxxas clutch nut installed backwards... It's the only way it'll work... Once done everything else is smooth... Oh, you'll have to either have someone Tap the end of the shaft for you if the end is not threaded on the inside or you can try to find the Sirio sg crank for the TRX 2.5 and see if that one does... That's it in a nut-shell... Using the pull start one is easier to install and get up and running for bashing... If you want yours to look clean and starter box ready... Then plan on doing some work... Where you able to see any of the pics on my page??? It turn heads at the track and the car was Hella Fast too!!! I wish I knew how to post them here.. Oh well.. Good luck.

racer6888... Good post about the OS. carb... I went around and around with Traxxas on there Forum about there carb having air leaks and cracks in it... They removed all the posts and pics from there end users having problems... They've since fix the problems with there carbs... But the OS. TR 12 carb makes things alot easier with that motor.

RC_Alan

Last edited by rc_alan; 08-16-2004 at 11:30 PM.