Thread: Mugen MRX-4
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2004, 11:47 AM
Mugen Power
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by jasoncsc
Just come back from the track with the new MRX4, here's something to share:

Assembly:

Everything fits like a glove, and I don't need to use a file or Dremel like I have to when I assemble the 950R. I particularly like the fact that teflon pad, front CVD, and one-piece brake disc that comes standard, not like the other cars where these are optional parts. The lower servo saver now only requires change of a small piece of plastic to change ackerman (Similar to the design of the Kawahara part), don't need to disassemble the servo saver to do so. Another good point is that the new pivot balls comes with a hex opening like those of Serpent. I can't wait to get a lot of these linkage balls for my other cars. The new shocks are one up from the already very good MRX3 shocks, smooth like a baby's butt. I am still waiting for the rear adjustable anti-roll bar to be available, but, aside from some springs and gears I don't think any upgrade part is needed for the car to perform. In simple, I can't keep the grin off my face when I assemble the car!

Running:

I am using new engine on the car, so I did not push the car too much. Today weather is about 34C and humidity 85. I put on a set of Kawahara 35 tires, and went through about 5 tanks. First impression is that the MRX4 feel a little bit 'light' in corner compared to the Evolva and Serpent 950R, but it hug the corner very well. Since the engine is still new, I could not really push it, but my initial feeling is that it turns better than the Evolva and the 950R when I ran both of them with new engine. Will come back later as I run it more.
Hi Jason....Can you tell me how did you got the MRX-4¡H