R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Banana plug help
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 03:11 PM
justpoet
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Basically, in general what you want to do is get enough male ends of whatever your connector choice is for the esc/charger cables and then enough female ends for the number of batteries. Then, cut or desolder what is on them all, and solder on your choice.

In the case of the ones you linked, they are generally 1 male and 1 female in each side and the same is true for the plastic. The benefit to this is that you don't have to worry about buying male/female at a given time. The downside is that you can accidentally do stupid things like plugging 1 battery into another, thinking it was your esc or charger plug, and instantly shorting the lipos together...likely making the battery blow up.

I'd suggest something like Deans connectors (most have standardized on this in the various places I've seen) or EC3's. XT60's seem pretty good to me as well, but I've yet to see anybody but hobbyking use them. Some people like the Traxxas connectors as well. Personally I use Deans or bullet/banana into the battery itself.