R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 03-05-2012, 02:52 PM
KJR
Tech Rookie

Default Delay in obtaining full throttle

I've noticed a problem with my 1s esc. There is a delay between putting the throttle stick to full and the speed control delivering full throttle. On the track this translates to roughly three metres before the car begins to accelerate properly when moving off from a standing start. Slow down too much and you notice it again but if you keep it rolling it doesn't seems too bad although I'm not convinced I'm always getting full throttle. On the bench there is a noticeable step after putting the stick to full throttle and if you watch the led to signify full throttle there is again a delay between putting the stick to full and the led going solid.

So far I've tried, different motor, different sensor wire, recalibrated to the transmitter, different receiver, blinky software and mod software all with no difference.Changed the neutral width from 6% to 9% and 12 % and also changed from fwd/rev/brk to just fwd/brk. Recalibrated the speed control after each change and no joy. Thought I'd made a school boy error and it was linked to the -10% expo I had on the throttle but no difference after removing that one either. Interestingly if I connect a 2s lipo there is no problem.

I'm running a Sanwa Super Exzes with Spektrum module, LRP X11 10.5 motor or LRP Vector K4 13.5 motor, SMC 5350 50C 1S Lipo, Power cap fitted to receiver and a Savox 1258 servo.

I've attached pictures of the settings on the speedo and there is a link below to a demonstration of the problem on you tube. Just discovered I've not posted enough to be able to link but if you fill in the blanks you should be able to get it.

Help the speed control is only two weeks old and I've runout of ideas.

Kenneth

youtube.com/watch?v=1-i2xGZfWTU&context=C3025b80ADOEgsToPDskKjSVkfQLLY9W ehmFbqEaWG
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	hobbywing1.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	889290   Click image for larger version

Name:	hobbywing2 .jpg
Views:	134
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	889291   Click image for larger version

Name:	hobbywing3.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	93.5 KB