R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 01:14 PM
axle182
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Was this on a wide open high speed track, or a tight track, what size racing surface.

Unless it's wide open, I go for a punchy infield setup, and give away a bit of top end, keeps the temps cooler, with a lot less fade.

At iic last year I had to re-think things, as that track was WFO.
There, you geared tall, and just tried to roll the car as efficiently as possible thru the infield.

But for club racing it's different.
Thanks for the response Definately tighter track, and with lowish grip. The car still had grea punch through the infield and was a rocket down the straight, but at the 5-6 min mark, the intial punch was gone, but still very decent down the straight. Its not the batt either as its a brand new reedy 6500. We will be running out bigger race at a track which is still quite tight (under 3 CRC carpets wide) but will have a much longer straight, so im sure things will be different as far as setup. Im looking for the best bang for buck motor, that is good with temps as well as punch.

For instance, in blinky tc, im running a 17.5t LRP, because they dont mind the heat and never fade with very decent performance. But i found the same motor in 1s, sluggish and i could never get it to run hard. So im looking for advice on the 1s boosted motors