R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Can we talk tires?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 12:32 PM
wollow86
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I've tried a few brands at our home track, and there's a couple of differences.

The tyres I've used are sorex 36r, ride re36, sweep exp 36 and muchmore 32. What's interesting there is the muchmore 32 works about the same as the sorex 36. The sorex has just a touch more bite for me, but the wear is a bit better on the muchmore. And the rating is different on both yet they perform mostly the same.

The sweeps were the worst I've tried, the grip was lower, and they tore up quickly.

The rides were a weird one tho. They seemed to get better as they got older, but initially were fairly slippery, they took about 2-3 mins to "come on" but after they did they were better then the sorex. Problem being that because they were initially slow I'd lost to much time for the extra final performance to matter. The wear on these is also very good, the were easily the best tyre I've tried for that. I'd like to experiment more with warmers and maybe the 32 version.

All of that is based on no tyre treatment or warmers before running. I don't really have enough time at club meetings for my process, and it's probably a bit to serious for club meetings as well. At a large meeting it's worth a lot of extra time. Nearly .5 of a second on a good run with the sorex.

My track is med-low grip asphalt, outdoor, at mostly 25-35*C.