R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - who holds the speed record?
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2004, 01:47 AM
GundamWZero
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by ajg
Then just wait and stop saying it's not possible, because none of you know. You guys don't even have micros (except DaNieL_KuO, and maybe one or two other people).
Sometimes it just takes common sense to realize what you are doing is impossible. But like my dad told me, that sometimes you have to find out some things for yourself. That is why I am trying very hard not to flame you, I rather help you see for yourself.

I don't need to own a micro to know its limitations......heck I already know that they are fast r/c cars. But 80 mph? Somewhere common sense, and high school science should tell you otherwise.
First, the car is too small to travel up to 80 mph without covering a heck of alot of distance. Then by adding more batteries will cause it to have more weight, that is more work for the motor, not to mention the change of weight will also effect the suspension.

You know what? Forget it. I have been trying to tell you a lot of stuff and you still stuck on the fact that it can be done on a straightway. Kid......you need a track to do this on because that micro won't see 80 from a dead start! cliff Lett didn't hit 110 mph on a drag run, it was done by doing laps! You don't have the radio range to accomplish what you want! you only have a little over 300ft. with a brand new radio. You have to have your micro up to 40 mph in under 150 ft. That means from a dead start, your car will reach about 35 mph (giving you the benefit of your car being fast) by the time it reaches 150 ft. look, 150 feet isn't as long as you may think it is. You want 80? Put it on a high banked oval like Veladrome, and it would be possible. On you street? It'll never see it. Trust me..........