R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/8 Offroad Buggy
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2004, 09:56 PM
Confused R/C
Tech Apprentice

Default Hyper 7

Hi guys....

I saw the XRAY XB8 in action yesterday at a local BMX track. The car is rock staedy. It is a PRO kit tho and the owner added on an old OS .21 engine and the kit comes with tons of accessories including a certain top brand tools.... According to the guy, if u buy an XB 8, u dont have to buy any hop ups as ALL the options comes in the kit with the standard parts included..... However it is really out of my league and i am looking for a RTR to bash around.

From my research on the net, there are currently 5 diffrent variations of the Hyper 7.. Im really confused on which one to get... all with the .21 Hyer engine, some of the models being the 7 port version.

There is also the 9.5 by Ofna which comes with a .26 Force engine.. besides the engine, can anyone tell me the other doffrences between the two? I know that it is also wider thus making it illegal for sanctioned races which Im not too concerned about. There are currently 4 diffrent variations of this model. In the place where I live in, Ofna goes by it's native name as Hobao so I guess there isint much diffrence.. anyone care to comment....