R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HELP possible nitro engine problem!!! (Rookie)
Old 03-04-2012, 12:36 PM
rcduder
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bleach
hey guys i need help again. so i have the mt2 by hpi with the nitro star outlaw 18ss nitro engine in it. i was running the truck a few minutes ago to find out what was goin on with the clutch/brake pads from my last post. while running i stripped a gear that was a part of the gear assembly that contacts the assembly coming from the engine. but then this happened, i had the engine tuned right but i was wondering why the truck stopped moving and before i realised i had stripped a gear i revved it once to see if it would move, the engine sounded fine but i took the trucks lid off while engine was still running to see the gear i was holding the truck a neutral when while it was idling, it sounded like the idle speed sped up and then the engine stopped and the clutch assembly from the motor(i believe thats what its called) was still spinning. so, i started the truck again to see if the engine would do it again and it sat fine for a second or two and then did it again. PLEASE HELP! i hope i didnt blow or hurt my engine or mabye it was just the tuning?
i would try posting this in a nitro forum a lot of those guys have probably had this problem before