R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Anger and Resentment
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 06:38 AM
hunternaf
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by handicrawler
You want to know how to deal with the anger and resentment? Surrender it! That's right, get on your knees and surrender all you are holding in against someone else and give it to Jesus. If you are sincere, he will deliver you from your bitterness toward another person.

On track day, whether you are racing or hanging out in the pit. Go with an attitude that you are going to have fun and race hard. If there is someone there that you have friction with, pray for them before you go to the track. Pray for them when you get to the track. Be nice to them. What does Paul say in Romans about this? Romans 12:20 "On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head." In this context, Paul isn't telling you to try making them mad, but they will see your kindness and convict them of their sin toward you.

If you have a bad race or stuff is breaking, remember you are there to have fun. If you can't have fun doing it that day, pack your stuff and head for the ranch or hang out with your friends. I've been RC rock crawling for 5 years now and I went through all that. If I am having a bad day or break, I leave it broke, throw it in the bag, and hang out with my buddies.

Your track day is what you are going to make it. Attitude will reflect heart condition. I have been through this and can tell you that if you love others in your heart, you will show love in your attitude. Punching a bag may use up some aggressive energy, but it also doesn't fix the problem of why you are angry to begin with. It starts with a heart change. Take my advice. Surrender the anger and let Christ do the dirty work for you!
Very well written and remember the change in human responce to the triggers of the anger and resentment take time and repeated attempts, having this kind of heart (attitude) is against the human human nature we all have developed living in a world of sin.